Saturday 22 March 2014

The One in The Past

“Beautiful girls.. all over the world.. I could be chasing..” My phone rang. I was in deep sleep. But somehow I woke up. I picked up the phone.

“hey.. are you awake? The arrival time of your train was four? You reached or not”, dad fired all questions in one go.

“Yeah! I think so.” I looked outside the train window, “Ten minutes more...” I could see the old storage located just outside the station.  This was sign for me that I am home since past eight years. 

“ ok.. wait till the sun rises. Night time is not safe.” My mom shouted from the other side. It seems see grabbed phone from my dad in few seconds while I was checking where I was. She was faster than a ninja. 

“yes mummy. I will wait and come home when sun rises.”  I replied her yawning.

I almost arrived. I could see the old rusty sign saying “TATANAGAR JN.”. I took out my luggage and lined up with other passengers to get out of the little iron box.

 It was still dark outside and little cold. The place was changed since the last time. The parking place was shifted to the other side. The reservation counter now had the glass door. The thing which was not changed was the auto drivers circulating around you like housefly around sugar balls.  But I had the order from supreme commander, wait till the sun rises.

“Sir! Baridih,Sakchi,Bistupur,golmuri. Where you want to go?” An auto driver finally asked.

“golmuri?” It just came out of my mouth.

“Yes sir! Golmuri. Come I will take you” He started pulling my luggage from my hand.

“No I don’t want to go. It just came out of my mouth. Sorry.” I pulled back my luggage from him.

I sat down on the bench putting my luggage beside.  The place had lot of memories attached, both good and bad, bad mostly. This was the reason I had avoiding coming home. I covered my face with both my hands. Took a deep breath. I was aware what I was going to do I will regret bur I was unable to overcome the temptation.

“Bhaiya” I called the rickshaw-wala. Who was searching for another catch after I denied.

“Yes Sir! Where?” he came running towards me.

“Golmuri first, from their I will tell you. I will pay you double but do as I say.” I told him.

“Ok sir.” He grabbed my luggage and I followed him.

“Take left, go along the company wall. There is a watch tower” I guided the rickshaw driver.
 After few minutes I was there, that place Anand Nagar, Golmuri. I read the address written outside. It was the same place. The lights were off. Probably everyone was sleeping in the house.

“Sir! Kahan lagaun gadi?” The rickshaw driver asked.

“just here only. And wait” I replied.

“ahh… ok” he gave me a weird look.

Everything was the same as she used to describe in our late night talks. The company wall beside her house. Her Dad’s car covered and parked in front of her gate. The glass window of her room. The lighthouse inside company premises adjacent to the boundary.  

“Its five thirty Bacha.” Priya said,
“How do you know? We just started talking.” I replied.
“The lighthouse lights went off. We are talking from last five hours.” She said giggling.
“seriously? But it seems like we just started talking. This part I hate most. Now your mom will get up and you have to drop.” I said in a foul voice.
“Aww!! Don’t be sad, you also need sleep. And I am going nowhere. I am always there with you. Now smile and say I love you” Priya replied in a loving voice.

“But I want to talk more. I will miss you baby
L” I replied her.
“Mad boy. I love you sooo much. Now you also say.. Bacha” Priya.
“wokay.. love you too baby. Now you can hang up L” I replied her back.
“No you hang up please, I don’t want to” I could feel the love for me in priya’s voice.

“Sir! Its five thirty. I have other work also.” Rickshaw driver brought me back to present.
“yes. Five minutes more please.” I asked .

I went near her gate, took a red brick piece and drew a line. Today I had nothing to gift her. I never thought I will come back.

 I saw a plant with white flowers near the wall. I plucked one flower, kissed and put it above the boundary of her house. The lights of her front room was switched on, may someone woke up, probably her mother.

I signalled rickshaw driver to start and sat down. I looked back, a breeze blew away the flower which I left. This time I didn’t cry. May be we never intended to be together. Destiny was never on our side.

The flower and the mark was just another failed attempt from my side. The rickshaw took a turn and so was I forced to go along.

Sometimes you give so much into a relationship and it does not work. You give another shot but all goes in vain. Yes I had a broken heart. I thought I found my soulmate but things didn’t go my way and so I was twenty four and still single, One break up.

“So sir! Where now? “ Rickshaw driver asked me.

“I guess home!” I looked back and said after a deep breath.

“Yeah Home but where exactly your home is I don’t know” The rickshaw driver replied me sarcastically.

“Sakchi” I answered him. Sometimes, actually most of the times a heavy heart answers make you feel stupid.


The auto driver headed towards my home. It started drizzling. May be god is sad for me or he’s just washing away my past to write something new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment