Saturday 29 September 2012

Seven Nights 3


Night 4:
I couldn’t get my mind away from her, her touch was amazing. My hand was still on my cheek. I slept thinking about her. I woke up, as usual searched my mobile but today also It was not under my pillow, checked on the adjacent table, not there also. Again started thinking where could I have left,

“Yes! Jacket…. Shit! I left it with Shruti.” I remembered. I called her.

 “Hey…Good morning.” I said as she picked up the called.

“Hi.. Good morning.” She wished me too.,” listen thank you for last night. I am so glad that I found a nice friend.”

“Me too” I replied back,” Listen I think I again left my mobile with you.”

“Come and get then, wait come to bar tonight, after my shift we can catch up, if you want” she asked me.

“Sounds good” I said, because that could be another night with her.

“Great… see you in the evening.” She said and hung up the phone.

My day went thinking about Shruti, the way she blackmailed to go disc with her, it was cute. The way she danced, the way her hairs fell on her face, the way she held my hand in auto rickshaw. The way she kissed on my cheeks. The way she looked at me closing her door.

My other phone rang, it was my cab driver. I went home, on the way I picked a bouquet. I looked at my watch, one more hour before she comes. I pressed my door bell. Tushar didn’t opened the gate. I tried calling him. He didn’t pick the call.  I became little suspicious. I called my land lord. We broke in, Started searching for Tushar.

“He’s here” my landlord shouted. I rushed towards the bathroom.

“Shit!” I saw Tushar lying on bathroom floor, covered in blood. There was some blood on tap also, maybe he slipped and hurt his head.

“Thank god” I said after checking his nerves, it was working fine.

We rushed to hospital. Tushar had lost lots of blood. Doctor said he need to be operated immediately and asked me arrange some money quickly.

I checked my bank account; I was not having sufficient money for operation. I called Garima, Tushar’s girlfriend. I told Garima what all happened and I need some money. She agreed I went to her place to collect money.

Garima invited me in, and told me to wait as she also wants to come with me. She arranged some cash, asked me count and properly bundle them till then she gets ready.

I was busy arranging the cash, just then my phone rang. I cut the call without looking, again it rang, I again cut the call and pressed power button to switch it off.

Once I was done I switched on my phone, I looked 5 missed calls from shruti’s

“Crap!” I has plans to meet shruti but now I can’t. I called her back.

 “Where the hell are you? My shift got over an hour ago.” She shouted as she picked up the call.

“Look there have been a problem, I can’t come today. I will explain you later..”, I replied her.

“Hey I am ready, let’s go” Garima called me from behind.

“Just coming...” I replied back to Garima.

“Who was she?” Shruti enquired.

“A friend, I told you na had some problem..”. I replied her back.

“At this time you don’t be with just friend, who he is?” she was getting curious.

“Look I don’t have time for all this.. I have to go.. I’ll call you later.” I said in an irritated tone.

“This is was all men say to me. I thought you were different, but no all men are same. Nobody wants to be with a bar girl.” She said in a upset tone.

“Hey listen.. “ before I could complete she hung up.

I wanted to call her back and explain but had no time. I need to rush to hospital.

“Who was on the phone” Garima asked,

“Not important..” I replied her, but from inside I only knew how important she became for me, she being upset with me was making me uneasy. When my friend is in hospital? I should think about him but my mind was occupied with Shruti’s thoughts. Why? I asked myself… because you started loving her.. My heart replied.


Night 5:
I looked at my phone, still no message from Shruti, I have been messaging her whole day apologizing for last night. I tried calling her but her phone was switched off. Again I dropped a message saying sorry, and asked her to at least give me a chance to explain.

I was constantly looking at my phone, waiting for her reply. This all was building up frustration inside me. My phone vibrated, a message came, and I was so sure it was from Shruti. I happily unlocked my phone to read the message.

The message I received was not from Shruti, it was some service message. All my happiness turned into anger, I threw my phone on the wall. It shattered into pieces. It was still angry; I didn’t know what to do. I smashed the glass window with my fist. Blood started coming out.

I brushed back hair with my hand sitting on the adjacent stairs trying to relax. After taking a deep breath, I looked at my phone. It was broken into pieces; I realized Shruti may call me back. I desperately went near my phone, tried fixing it. I gathered all pieces, put them together. But it was not working.  I never felt so helpless, I wanted to fix everything with Shruti but like this phone, how much I try it was not working.

I sadly sat on the floor putting my back against the wall. I covered my eyes with my hand, my eyes were wet. I didn’t want to cry, it just came out. I wiped away my tears.

“Hey” Garima called me from the other end of corridor. She came towards me.

“What happened with your eyes” Garima asked me.

“Something fell in my eyes” I lied to her.

“And OMG what happened to your hand. Why it’s bleeding and your phone.” Garima was shocked seeing all this.

“Oh it’s bleeding, don’t know.”  I looked at my hand, but I was too busy in Shruti’s thought that I forget I punched a window pane.

“Are you insane, your hand is bleeding like anything and you don’t know? Come with me.” Garima scolded and took me for first aid.

After getting first aid, Garima and I went to the cabin were Tushar was. I sat on a chair in corner of the room and didn’t knew when fell asleep.

Garima phone broke my sleep; I opened my eyes saw it was ringing.

“Hey Garima your phone is ringing, pick it up” I said to Garima who was sitting beside Tushar.

“It’s not for me” Garima replied smiling.

“What?” I was confused.

“Yes it’s not for me, it’s for you. Pick it up” she again said.

I was totally confused; anyhow I picked up the call. Someone was crying at another end.

“Hello… Shruti” I tried guessing.

“Sorry” a cute voice came from another end which was strong enough to melt my heart.

“Shruti you” I again asked.

“Yes. I am so sorry what I said.” She again apologized.

“No its fine, it was my mistake. I didn’t come” I said her.

“But you had your reasons, you had friend to look. That was more important and I without hearing you said all rubbish and stupid things to you.” She said weeping
.
“Hey its fine, first stop crying.” I replied.

“Acha.. Why you hurt your hand and broke your phone? Because of me na.” she asked.

“No.. I don’t know.” I said in a confused tone.

Why are making yourself miserable because of me.” She questioned me.

“I don’t know. its just..” I could not complete the sentence.

“What just? Don’t say you love me.” She shouted.

“Yes. I am in love with you” I too replied her in a high pitch.

“Hello.. Hello” I said, she hung up the phone. I tried calling her back, but the phone was off. I again left her message,

Hey I love you, I don’t know how, but I fell in love with you. I know it’s insane to fell in love with a person whom you know from just four nights. But it’s just happened and I can’t help it. And somewhere deep down in my heart I feel you also love me. Please reply me.

After messaging her I was waiting for her reply, but she didn’t reply. May be she was taking this too hard on her. Like that I went to sleep holding Garima’s phone in my hand.

Next morning Garima woke me up giving me my phone which I left with Shruti’s. she said Shruti came to return your phone, and left a message to check your inbox. I quickly checked my inbox. There was message from Shruti’s number.

“Meet me tonight at SPICE GARDEN; you’ll get all your answers”

story continues... wait for the next part...

2 comments:

  1. story holds u right till the end... its grt nitz... keep it up the good show.

    ReplyDelete