Friday 21 September 2012

Seven Nights 1


Nights were always magical and they still are. You often have your best memories being framed in moon light with presence of stars. Some best memories you make and some just happen…..
Night 1:

“Hell….” I screamed after looking at my watch,” I am screwed.”

I was supposed to leave my KarmaBhoomi two hours earlier but when a lady at your work place asks you for help, even when you are about to leave, you don’t say no or rather say you become futuristic and take your decision. Most of the time you say YES which ends up screwing you.

Now why was I screwed?

Well I had to shift to a new place, because last day of month and every 1st of month my vampire landlord comes to suck my blood. So it was 8 o’clock and I was still at office. No packing done.

I moved out before my future makes me stay any longer. But the evening had more surprises for me.
My mouth was wide open seeing the view outside. There was a blackout in eastern part of our country. I checked my phone, news was flashing “Blackout moves to the eastern part of our country. 2hrs ago”. Two hours ago was the time I was seeing my future with that lady, and it was indeed dark.

“Thanks for the signal. She’s not the one. “I looked up in the sky saluting god.

I reached my place. My to be new roomy was sitting in front of the door on his suitcase biting his nails.
hey nice man… you came to help me packing.” I jumped on him.

“I am going to kill you. I am waiting for two hours. Where the hell you have been.” He said in irritated voice pushing me away.

dude it was your bhabhi” I said in a flat tone.

“hey you are not even married” he replied,” stop explaining and open the door. You have to pack.”
“I thought we “ I said opening the door.

It took 2 hours, a pack of cigarette, big cola bottle and 6 candles to pack everything I own. I handed key to care taker and there I was moving to my new place.

 “I have a feeling that something is waiting for me at our new place.” I said to my roomy, relaxing myself in cab.

“Yeah!!! I heard chicks there are very hot!!!” he said with glow in his eyes,” our broker told me.”
“ohhkkk.. “ I too smiled.

We finally reached our new house. Met our land lord, settled ourselves. Suddenly realized we didn’t have any plans for dinner. What to eat?  I asked same question to my roomy, Tushar.

“Don’t worry dude. I have a plan. There is a bar cum restaurant at the end of road, we can go there for couple of beers and some chicken.” said winking his eyes.

“Awesome!!” I was happy with the plan.



We reached bar within 15 minutes, it was so peaceful outside there. I read the name SPICE GARDEN.

We entered in, Surprise Surprise Surprise .

Loud music, disco lights all round. Smoke everywhere. And Hot girls on the dance floor. It was a dance bar. I looked around, placed was filled with guys boozed up.

“Cool.. This is the biggest discovery on this planet after Columbus discovered America”, Tushar said cheerfully.

“Shut up!! And let’s find a place to sit.. This loud music is giving me headache.” I replied.

We sat in a corner, started looking for a waiter. But my eyes got glued to bunch of girls sitting on somewhat stage kind of thing and one among them was singing. I started observing them more keenly.

The girls who was singing was constantly giving stares to the person just near stage and he was keep giving her 100 rupees notes. And the girls next to her were looking all around in the bar for such preys.

 My eyes were closely observing them when a girl sitting in the corner waved her hand. I looked around if she’s waving to someone else, but no one was behind me. I signaled her by pointing hands towards me, asking ME. In response she nodded her head.

“Cheers!!.. “ I picked my beer mug and said.

She teased me and turned around. I was surprised, why she did that? What have I done? I just cheered my drink.

I asked Tushar the same questions.

“dude.. instead of your cheers you should have given her a 100 rupees note.” He said laughing, “leave her and finish your drink. I am getting us another round.”

Why she want money from me? Didn’t she get paid? I again looked towards her. She was beautiful; any good guy would marry her. Why she’s working in such a place? I was all confused.

I tried getting mind away from her. I had a morning shift , so hurriedly finished my drink and stood to leave. I went up to gate, but moved back a little to see her again. She was also looking towards the door. Our eyes met, we looked at each other for few seconds only when,

“looks my friend have an admirer”, Tushar shouted.

“shut up!! “ I took off my eyes from her and said.

We got back home and directly went off to bed. I tried sleeping but my mind had was occupied with many questions. Why she was looking towards me, I didn’t even gave her money. Was tushar right?do I have an admirer.

I had a strong intuition that something was going to happen at my new place. Was she the surprise?  I didn't knew if I am going to visit that place again but I could feel some strong bonding between us.

Nights are like unknown roads, you don't know where you have to turn but you still walk...

6 more nights to come.. wait for another part. 


3 comments: